Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
This is an executive summary of my efforts on behalf of the county. Each supervisor is asked to provide a verbal update during the board meeting. I am using this template to also submit a (more comprehensive) written update that is available to the public.
- Board of Supervisors Meeting – Tuesday, Nov 7th at 9:00 AM
- This meeting has a full agenda, including presentations from HRN, US Forest Service, and Veteran Services. The board will be making decisions regarding a cannabis credit program, Title III Funds, multi-family zoning, an appeal hearing, and more.
- Planning Commission Meeting – Thursday, Nov 9th at 6:00 PM
- This meeting includes decisions regarding components of our ongoing process to develop a new General Plan. It also includes discussion regarding a proposed amendment to Limited Density Rural Dwelling code.
- Board of Supervisors Meeting – Tuesday, Dec 5th at 9:00 AM
- Board of Supervisors Meeting – Tuesday, Dec 19th at 9:00 AM
- I traveled on county business several times in October and will be traveling on county business again in November.
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Efforts are underway to clean up of materials at the Trinity Center Airport.
- I am working with DOT Director, Panos Kokkas to schedule the next committee meeting.
- Psa II Area Agency On Aging Executive Board
- Executive Board Meeting on Monday, 11.20 at 10 AM.
- We are looking for someone to join the Advisory Board. This is a great opportunity to help guide decisions about the services we provide to the aging here in Trinity County. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- Trinity County Fire Chiefs Association
- The next meeting is scheduled on Monday, 11.13 at 6 PM. I will be in Sacramento for the CSAC Annual Conference.
- The board of supervisors will be voting at our next meeting to allocate Title III funds. A number of our Volunteer Fire Departments have requested funding through this program.
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- The CSAC Annual Conference (a week-long event) and Board Meeting will take place in Sacramento later this month. I will be attending this event and representing Trinity County on the CSAC Board.
- This conference has a full agenda with presentations regarding new legislation, proposals, committee updates, and more.
- Northern Rural Training And Employment Consortium (NORTEC)
- I participated in several meetings since my last update. This included facilitating another Ad Hoc Committee meeting regarding organizational planning, a strategic planning session with the leadership team, and the board’s strategic planning session.
- I have been asked to continue facilitation of strategic planning sessions as we develop new strategies for workforce development in the North State region.
- This group is making great strides in efforts to streamline and enhance the delivery of workforce management solutions in the North State region.
- Superior California Economic Development District (SCEDD)
- I joined our SCEDD Director and Board Chair in discussions regarding strategic planning and performance scorecards for this organization. I will be facilitating strategic planning discussions during our next board meeting.
- This group provides economic development support in the form of loans, regional planning, and more.
- NACo Telecommunications & Technology Steering Committee
- I was recently appointed to the Telecommunications and Technology Steering Committee for NACo (National Association of Counties).
- This role involves participation in monthly committee meetings and semi-annual national conferences.
- Participation on this committee provides the opportunity to represent Trinity County’s interests and priorities in discussions regarding strategies, priorities, and legislation affecting telecommunications and technology.
OTHER BOARD ASSIGNMENTS
- Cannabis Ordinance Ad Hoc Committee
- We continue to work through all the great input received during public workshops and via the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- We are working toward a 2nd draft of proposed updates that will reflect changes made based on public input and further consideration. Our plans call for the opportunity for public input on this version before it goes to the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will soon be considering an amendment to the existing ordinance to allow “stacking” of cultivation licenses on a limited basis.
- Economic Development Ad Hoc Committee
- CERF/California Jobs First – I sat in for Nick Goulette on a recent steering committee meeting. We discussed strategies and next steps associated with awarding funds via this program.
- Individuals can share their ideas for California Jobs First projects by clicking on this link.
- TCDC – I continue to work with fellow board members of the Trinity County Community Development Corporation. This organization has a 501c3 application pending. We have concurrent efforts underway to address the following priority areas:
- Community & Economic Development Funding (California Jobs First, TCDC Relational Database, Public Workshops, Roundtable, etc.)
- Recreation (Mountain Biking Strategy, etc.)
- Housing (General Plan Housing Component, Workforce Housing Plan, Housing Study, etc.)
- Small Business Support (Workshops, Roundtable, Shared Services, etc.)
- Natural Resource Conservation & Management (Trinity Land Trust, etc.)
- Homeowners Insurance Ad Hoc Committee – Complete
- Strategic Plan Ad Hoc Committee – Complete
- Cannabis Division Financials Ad Hoc Committee – Complete
- Trinity Lake & River Releases
- CAO – Trent Tuthill continues to work with our Water Matters Ad Hoc Committee and local experts to ensure that Trinity County’s interests are well represented in the ongoing re-consultation process.
- Trinity County Veterans Memorial Hall
- Senator McGuire recently presented Trinity County with a $1.5 million check to support renovation plans for our Veterans Hall. This is a huge step forward for this long-term initiative to revitalize this important venue here in Trinity County.
- County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- The County Medical Services Program (CMSP) provides health coverage for uninsured low-income, indigent adults that are not otherwise eligible for other publicly funded health care programs.
- We are gathering more information about this program to ensure that Trinity County residents (and healthcare service providers) are aware of all the benefits available through this organization.
- Lowden Meadow Recreation Project
- Our Trinity County Resource Conservation District is in the very early stages of considering options for recreation-focused development in the Lowden Meadow area. I will share updates, including invitations to community input opportunities, as things progress.
- Department of Transportation Update
- Panos Kokkas – Director of our Department of Transportation recently released a departmental update. It includes information about progress being made to address last year’s storm damage, and the work each crew will be focused on in the weeks to come.
- The home page for this department includes links for reporting problems, accessing road and transit information, reviewing department updates, and more. Click here to access all this information.
- Lewiston Community Meeting
- District 1 Planning Commissioner – Carol Fall, and I were invited to join a group of Lewiston community residents to discuss cannabis-related matters and the ongoing process for updating our General Plan and Community Plans.
ENHANCED COMMUNICATIONS – You can now subscribe to email updates directly from county staff. The left hand column of the county’s home page has a simple form to use in signing up for these email updates. Click here to access the home page and subscription form.
BOARD AGENDA & MINUTES – click here to access current and past agendas and minutes. Note – work is underway to get current with the formal approval and publishing of minutes from board meetings.
PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA & MINUTES – click here to access current and past agendas and minutes. Note – work is underway to get current with the formal approval and publishing of minutes from board meetings.
BOARD & PLANNING COMMISSION VIDEO RECORDINGS – click here to access video recordings of board meetings.
I hope you find these updates of value. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
Please use this form to let me know if you would like to be added to the distribution list for updates. Check the box next to the type of updates you would like to receive.