Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
The Special Meeting of the Board included one item on the open session agenda and one item on the closed session agenda.
Here are the notes I took during the meeting. Please understand that this is not meant to be a comprehensive documentation of discussions and decisions.
1.1 Approve amendment number 2 with Brightly Solutions, formerly Smartgov/PaldIn, to change the company name and increase the annual cost of the contract.
- The board approved this matter.
2.1 Government Code Section 54954.5(e) – Public Employee Evaluation: County Administrative Officer
- Board Discussion
- Supervisor Frazier shared concerns that he may have not put this on the agenda in a manner that would allow the board to discuss all the items he intended.
- Supervisors decided to move forward with discussions that would be appropriate within the context of the item on the agenda
- Public Comment – in this situation, public comments were only allowed for items on the agenda.
- Input provided that the CAO should operate independently of the board due to concerns about some supervisors.
- Supervisor Frasier was acknowledged for his efforts to ensure transparency.
- Report Out – Chair Cox reported out from this session as follows. The following direction was given to staff:
- Agendize a Monday evening Special Meeting of the Board for County Counsel Evaluation
- CAO to establish a suggested evaluation tool
- The board will provide input to the CAO to set expectations and priorities, including the following areas:
- Identify areas within county processes that need attention;
- Prioritized operational objectives;
- Board to use a survey tool to provide input regarding priorities;
- Expectations for quarterly discussions, midterm feedback, and a formal evaluation
I hope these notes are helpful in your efforts to stay informed about county matters. For a more comprehensive understanding of what took place…
- You can watch any portion of the meeting on YouTube with this link.
- You can access the board agenda (including links to related documents) with this link.