Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
There was a special meeting of the board of supervisors on Monday, April 24th. This was scheduled for closed-session discussions regarding a litigation matter and a review of County Counsel Services.
- several people shared concerns about the content of documents recently released as the result of a Public Records Act Request (PRA). The subject of the PRA is related to County Counsel Review – which was on the agenda for our closed session.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT
This is the report that was provided regarding the closed session.
- Item 1 (litigation matter) – no reportable action.
- Item 2 (County Counsel Review)
- By majority vote, the board agreed to the following report out. Chair Cox recused herself from deliberations regarding this matter. The board developed feedback that will be shared with County Counsel. In-person discussion of survey results and board feedback will take place during a closed session on May 2nd.
- From a historical perspective – the County Counsel agreement calls for a performance review. The board met on March 7th, March 17th, and March 21st to determine how to move forward with the performance review as no template/process was in place. The board met on April 4 to finalize a survey template and list of those who would participate (board, department heads, and members of staff who work closely with County Counsel – 48 in total, 34 responded).
- The board met on April 24th to review the results of the survey and to formalize board feedback to County Counsel. The board will meet on May 2nd to review board feedback, and survey results with County Counsel.
- This is anticipated to be an annual process
I hope these notes are helpful in your efforts to stay informed about county matters. For a more comprehensive understanding of what took place…
- You can watch any portion of the meeting on YouTube with this link.
- You can access the board agenda (including links to related documents) with this link.