Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
This is an executive summary of my efforts on behalf of the county. Each supervisor is asked to provide a verbal update during the board meeting. I am using this template to also submit a (more comprehensive) written update that is available to the public.
- None to report.
Primary Representative Role
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Working with DOT to schedule our first meeting of the year.
- Connecting with residents regarding ideas, issues, and concerns.
- Psa II Area Agency On Aging Executive Board
- Participated in my first meeting on Monday, 3.20.23 via Zoom
- There is an abundance of resources available to those in need
- I will share information with our Volunteer Fire Department Chiefs so that first responders can let people know about resources when appropriate.
- Trinity County Commission On Aging
- No activity.
- Trinity County Fire Chiefs Association
- Nothing new to report. Next meeting is during the second week of April
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- Legislative Conference on 4.12-13.23 | Sacramento
- CSAC Board Meeting on 4.13.23 | Sacramento
- Northern Rural Training And Employment Consortium (NORTEC)
- Board Meeting 4.27.23
- Remote Access Network Board (RAN Board)
- Nothing to report
- Superior California Economic Development District (SCEDD)
- Requested and received details regarding plans, priorities, and Trinity County-focused initiatives.
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy
- I am the primary representative for Trinity County
- Received onboarding information and learned that I will be in an advisory role (vs board role) this year.
Secondary Representative Role
- Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC)
- Nothing to report
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- Nothing to report.
- National Association Of Counties (NACO)
- Nothing to report
- North Coast Resource Partnership (NCIRWMP)
- Received a note from the representative. Arranging introductions and updates.
OTHER BOARD ASSIGNMENTS
- Liaison to Staff Committee – Cannabis Financials
- This role ended with the last board meeting – the results of our efforts were presented to inform an important board decision.
- Strategic Plan Ad Hoc Committee
- Work continues with Interim CAO – Liz Hamilton, Chair Cox, and members of staff leadership who stepped up to complete the strategic planning process.
- I recently reviewed our process and template with incoming CAO, Trent Tuthill.
- The plan and process will be handed off to the new CAO during a meeting on April 28th.
- Cannabis Ordinance Ad Hoc Committee
- Assigned to this committee (along with Supervisor Frasier) to work with staff and consultants on updates to existing cannabis-related ordinances.
- Work continues with two-hour weekly meetings.
- Two public workshops are planned to present information regarding the proposed updates. These will take place before this matter is brought before the board for consideration.
- A new email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) was established for gathering public input. emails are automatically routed to each member of the ad hoc committee.
- Economic Development Ad Hoc Committee
- Working with Chair Cox, and a newly established Economic Development Workgroup on the development of a cohesive public/private economic development plan.
- CERF – Initial focus has been on initiatives that might qualify for a share of $5Million in planning dollars that have been awarded to our North State Region through the CERF (Community Economic Resilience Fund) Program.
- Siskiyou Economic Development Council – gathering information regarding the formation and impact of this nonprofit organization.
- UC Cooperative Extension – representative presented to the board at our last meeting. He stayed in town to gather information regarding opportunities to collaborate on Trinity County initiatives. He is able to help us with Economic Impact Studies
- Civitas Advisors – gathering information regarding this organization’s role in setting up and supporting organizations like Siskiyou EDC.
- Key Deliverables – working with the economic development workgroup to identify key deliverables for 2023 and 2024. This will include community outreach.
- California Creative Corps – participated (through invitation by the Trinity County Arts Council) in a “listening tour” regarding an initiative with the goal of job creation and infrastructure development that brings the arts and creative sector into service in their community to support outreach, awareness, and solutions to issues related to public health, water and energy conservation, climate mitigation, and emergency preparedness and relief. Here is a link to more information about this program –
- Local Expertise – met with NorCal economic development expert regarding her experience with the support of entrepreneurs and economic development. Currently discussing ways in which we might leverage her experience on behalf of Trinity County
- Bob Burris | Deputy Chief Economic Development Officer at Rural County Representatives of California – met (with Chair Cox) to learn more about how he (and his network) can assist with Trinity County’s economic development plans.
- Appeals Training – currently working on training required for this aspect of my role
- CAO Onboarding Plan – collaborated with Interim CAO, Liz Hamilton to create a strong onboarding plan for our new CAO
PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
- Snow Maintenance for Volunteer Fire Departments – a solution to this challenge is on the agenda for our next board meeting
- Strategic Plan – this will be presented to the board in conjunction with our annual budget development/review/approval process.
- Trinity County Flag – our Placemaking Action Plan recommended the introduction of a new flag for Trinity County. I would like to launch a process for soliciting and selecting a new design.
- Investment Plan for LATCF funds – Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund – Treasuryhttps://home.treasury.gov › policy-issues › coronavirus
- We received $4.8 million that we need to decide how to invest on behalf of Trinity County
- This will likely be done in conjunction with the budget development/review/approval process.
BOARD AGENDA & MINUTES – click here to access current and past agendas and minutes. Note – work is underway to get current with the formal approval and publishing of minutes from board meetings.
I hope you find these updates of value. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions.