Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
This is an executive summary of my efforts on behalf of the county. Each supervisor is asked to provide a verbal update during the board meeting. I am using this template to also submit a (more comprehensive) written update that is available to the public.
- Travel to Sacramento for CSAC New Supervisor Institute – 2 days of leadership training for newly elected Supervisors.
Primary Representative Role
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Working with DOT to schedule our first meeting of the year.
- Connecting with residents regarding ideas, issues, and concerns.
- Psa II Area Agency On Aging Executive Board
- Received a briefing prior to the board meeting in March.
- Connected leadership with representatives of the Trinity Pride Coalition
- Trinity County Commission On Aging
- No activity.
- Trinity County Fire Chiefs Association
- Meeting 2.13.23
- Updates from each VFD, OES, Sheriff’s Office, CalFire, and more
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- Board Meeting on 3.2.23 – Supervisor Carpenter-Harris participated as alternate
- New Supervisor Institute (training) 2.23.23 to 2.24.23 in Sacramento
- Northern Rural Training And Employment Consortium (NORTEC)
- Received strong onboarding information
- Remote Access Network Board (RAN Board)
- Nothing to report
- Superior California Economic Development District (SCEDD)
- Meeting 2.16.23
- SCEDD staff turnover leaves important vacancies
Secondary Representative Role
- Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC)
- Nothing to report
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- Nothing to report.
- National Association Of Counties (NACO)
- Nothing to report
- North Coast Resource Partnership (NCIRWMP)
- Received a note from the representative. Arranging introductions and updates.
OTHER BOARD ASSIGNMENTS
- Liaison to Staff Committee – Cannabis Financials
- Continuing work with Cannabis Department, Suzie Hawkins
- Reviewing budget and forecast details
- Establishing Key Assumptions that drive Cannabis Department financials
- Establishing a four-year view of Key Assumption-related trends
- Showing a four-year view of financials – based on Key Assumption trends
- Presentation to be delivered to the board upon completion
- Strategic Plan Ad Hoc Committee
- Working with Interim CAO – Liz Hamilton, Chair Cox, and members of staff leadership who stepped up to complete the strategic planning process.
- The plan and process will be handed off to the new CAO when he arrives in April
- Onboarding Proposals
- Discussed CAO onboarding plans for the new CAO
- Economic Development – working with Chair Cox, and a newly established Economic Development Workgroup on the development of a cohesive public/private economic development plan.
- CERF – Initial focus has been on initiatives that might qualify for a share of $5Million in planning dollars that have been awarded to our North State Region through the CERF (Community Economic Resilience Fund) Program.
- Siskiyou Economic Development Council – gathering information regarding the formation and impact of this nonprofit organization.
- UC Cooperative Extension – gathering information regarding this organization and its ability to assist us with Economic Impact Studies
- Civitas Advisors – gathering information regarding this organization’s role in setting up and supporting organizations like Siskiyou EDC.
- Key Deliverables – working with the economic development workgroup to identify key deliverables for 2023 and 2024. This will include community outreach.
- California Creative Corps – participated (through invitation by the Trinity County Arts Council) in a “listening tour” regarding an initiative with the goal of job creation and infrastructure development that brings the arts and creative sector into service in their community to support outreach, awareness, and solutions to issues related to public health, water and energy conservation, climate mitigation, and emergency preparedness and relief. Here is a link to more information about this program –
- Local Expertise – met with NorCal economic development expert regarding her experience with the support of entrepreneurs and economic development. Currently discussing ways in which we might leverage her experience on behalf of Trinity County
- Bob Burris | Deputy Chief Economic Development Officer at Rural County Representatives of California – met (with Chair Cox) to learn more about how he (and his network) can assist withTrinity County’s economic development plans.
- Trinity County Airport Advisory Committee – Lyn Scott has agreed to stay as District 1 representative to this organization.
- Trinity County Planning Commission – Carol Fall was confirmed as District 1 Planning Commissioner.
- Trinity County Fair Association Board – Marjie Watkins was confirmed as District 1 member of the Trinity County Fair Association Board.
- New Supervisor Institute – completed the second (1.5 day) in-person session in Sacramento. These are strong programs with very relevant information for newly elected Supervisors.
- Senior Leader Workshop – Emergency Preparedness and Response – This workshop provided a forum for local or regional executives to share strategies and coordinate plans for emergency preparedness and response.
- Ethics Certification – currently working on this additional certification
PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
- Snow Maintenance for Volunteer Fire Departments
- Contracting Policy for prior employees
- CAO Onboarding Plan
- Cannabis Finances
- Strategic Plan
- Investment Plan for LATCF funds – Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund – Treasuryhttps://home.treasury.gov › policy-issues › coronavirus
BOARD AGENDA & MINUTES – click here to access current and past agendas and minutes. Note – work is underway to get current with the formal approval and publishing of minutes from board meetings.
I hope you find these updates of value. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions.