Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
This is an executive summary of my efforts on behalf of the county. Each supervisor is asked to provide a verbal update during the board meeting. I am using this template to also submit a (more comprehensive) written update that is available to the public.
- Travel to Shasta Lake City for “Senior Officials Workshop for All-Hazards Preparedness”
Primary Representative Role
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Lyn Scott has agreed to stay on as District 1 representative to this committee
- I reached out to staff to request that our website be updated.
- I will begin to organize a committee meeting now that communications issues are addressed in the North Lake area.
- Psa II Area Agency On Aging Executive Board
- Received a briefing prior to the board meeting in March.
- Connected leadership with representatives of the Trinity Pride Coalition
- Trinity County Commission On Aging
- Staff indicates that they have been unaware of any activity with this group in the last 10 years. I reached out to the Golden Age Center (where previous meetings were hosted) to see if I can learn any more.
- Staff provided a copy of the organization’s bylaws.
- Trinity County Fire Chiefs Association
- Meeting 2.13.23
- Connected with the CEO of Frontier Communications regarding the need for help with the installation of services needed to restore full coverage of emergency communications and to address ongoing customer outages.
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- Next Board Meeting on 3.2.23
- New Supervisor Institute (training) 2.23.23 to 2.24.23 in Sacramento
- Northern Rural Training And Employment Consortium (NORTEC)
- Received strong onboarding information
- Remote Access Network Board (RAN Board)
- Nothing to report
- Superior California Economic Development District (SCEDD)
- Completed onboarding processes… including fingerprints
- Participated in the first meeting. Nothing of significance to report.
Secondary Representative Role
- Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC)
- Nothing to report
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- Nothing to report.
- National Association Of Counties (NACO)
- Nothing to report
- North Coast Resource Partnership (NCIRWMP)
- Received a note from the representative. Arranging introductions and updates.
OTHER BOARD ASSIGNMENTS
- Liaison to Staff Committee – Cannabis Financials
- Continuing work with Cannabis Department, Suzie Hawkins
- Reviewing budget and forecast details
- Establishing Key Assumptions that drive Cannabis Department financials
- Establishing a four-year view of Key Assumption-related trends
- Showing a four-year view of financials – based on Key Assumption trends
- Presentation to be delivered to the board upon completion
- Strategic Plan Ad Hoc Committee
- Working with Interim CAO – Liz Hamilton, Chair Cox, and members of staff leadership who stepped up to complete the strategic planning process.
- A new template was introduced and is being used to document action plans, goals, and timelines.
- We will also be identifying the “owner” for each item on the strategic plan.
- Onboarding Proposals
- Met with Interim-CAO and Human Resources representatives regarding my proposed onboarding process for new Supervisors.
- This template will continue to be enhanced and implemented for new team members.
- Shared recommendations regarding a strong onboarding plan for our new CAO
- Economic Development – working with Chair Cox, and a newly established Economic Development Workgroup on the development of a cohesive public/private economic development plan.
- CERF – Initial focus has been on initiatives that might qualify for a share of $5Million in planning dollars that have been awarded to our North State Region through the CERF (Community Economic Resilience Fund) Program.
- Siskiyou Economic Development Council – gathering information regarding the formation and impact of this nonprofit organization.
- UC Cooperative Extension – gathering information regarding this organization and its ability to assist us with Economic Impact Studies
- Civitas Advisors – gathering information regarding this organization’s role in setting up and supporting organizations like Siskiyou EDC.
- Key Deliverables – working with the economic development workgroup to identify key deliverables for 2023 and 2024. This will include community outreach.
- California Creative Corps – participated (through invitation by the Trinity County Arts Council) in a “listening tour” regarding an initiative with the goal of job creation and infrastructure development that brings the arts and creative sector into service in their community to support outreach, awareness, and solutions to issues related to public health, water and energy conservation, climate mitigation, and emergency preparedness and relief. Here is a link to more information about this program –
- Local Expertise – arranged a meeting with someone who has a great deal of NorCal experience with the support of entrepreneurs and economic development in general.
- Trinity County Airport Advisory Committee – Lyn Scott has agreed to stay as District 1 representative to this organization.
- Trinity County Planning Commission – Carol Fall was confirmed as District 1 Planning Commissioner.
- Trinity County Fair Association Board – Marjie Watkins was confirmed as District 1 member of the Trinity County Fair Association Board.
- New Supervisor Institute – completed one day of in-person training and 5 hours of virtual training through the New Supervisor Institute. The next session will take place on February 23rd and 24th
- Senior Leader Workshop – Emergency Preparedness and Response – The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office and Bureau of Reclamation co-hosted the Senior Leadership Workshop on February 14th. This workshop provided a forum for local or regional executives to share strategies and coordinate plans for emergency preparedness and response.
PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
- Snow Maintenance for Volunteer Fire Departments
- Contracting Policy for prior employees
- CAO Onboarding Plan
- Cannabis Finances
- Strategic Plan
- Investment Plan for LATCF funds – Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund – Treasuryhttps://home.treasury.gov › policy-issues › coronavirus
BOARD AGENDA & MINUTES – click here to access current and past agendas and minutes. Note – work is underway to get current with the formal approval and publishing of minutes from board meetings.
I hope you find these updates of value. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions.