Sharing Information | Encouraging Engagement
This BOS special meeting was scheduled to provide the board an opportunity to ratify the declaration of emergency issued by our Office of Emergency Services the prior weekend. We also considered other matters including a request for fee waiver.
Here are the notes I took during the meeting. Please understand that this is not meant to be a comprehensive documentation of discussions and decisions that took place.
Clerk of the Board
- Trinity Alps Unified District application for waiver of county fees, waiving the Building Department’s fees in the amount of $1,197.69
- There was a lot of board discussion regarding the impact on the county budget when fees are waived and the appropriate criteria for granting waivers.
- A new policy regarding waivers is on the agenda for the next BOS meeting.
- The board approved this waiver
Heath and Human Services
- Ratify the Deputy Director of Emergency Services’ declaration and confirm the existence of a local emergency in Trinity County due to the February-March 2023 winter storm event.
- CalOES is attempting to gain federal funding for this emergency
- Trinity County OES posted a link for use by residents in reporting property damage.
- This information helps us demonstrate the impact of the emergency which helps us obtain funding and support.
- If you or your business are affected by a local disaster, you can report damage to OES using the Damage Reporting Tool at https://www.crisistrack.com/public/trinityCA/request.html, via email at email@example.com, or via telephone at 530-623-8223. If reporting via email or telephone, please provide your name, physical address, phone number/email address, and a description of the damage to your property.
- The board approved this matter
I hope these notes are helpful in your efforts to stay informed about county matters. For a more comprehensive understanding of what took place…
- You can watch any portion of the meeting on YouTube with this link.
- You can access the board agenda (including links to related documents) with this link.